Monday, February 6, 2012

It will be a cold, long week...

I would be a big, fat liar if I said I wasn't nervous right now.

This week is going to be stressful. There are the countless job applications, the endless interviews, and worst of all, the waiting. This morning I had an interview with one of the larger language schools. The interview was fine but I don't know anything yet, I have to go back again. Also, the woman who interviewed me was telling me they want their full time teachers to get business licenses now rather than working visas. The business license requires a ton more paperwork and is more expensive; I really don't want to get one at this point. This made the job seem much less desirable. While I was in that interview I got a phone call from another school that had representatives at our job fair and set up a Skype interview for tomorrow. Originally I had an interview scheduled for 9:30 AM, but I cancelled it... it was out in BFE and the school is so small it's in a house. I seriously doubt they assist with visas.

The school I'm interviewing with on Skype tomorrow also wants us to attend a teacher training for most of the day on Wednesday and observe classes on either Thursday or Friday. (By us I mean myself and all of my fellow TEFL graduates... we are once again all interviewing for the same position). While this seems a little demanding for a job we don't even know if we will get, I'm actually happy for it. I want to have something to occupy my time so that I don't spend it stressing out about whether or not I will get the other jobs I've applied to. After I spoke to the school on the phone today I decided to locate their offices so I would know where to go on Wednesday. It sort of took me forever. I probably walked 15 miles today, and it is freaking COLD. Bone-chilling cold. Way too cold for sightseeing cold.

The other night Sasha, Aiden and I tried to go out for a while to see some things, but after about 10 minutes of walking down by the river we had to call it quits. My face was so cold my jaw started freezing and it was hard to talk. Still, we did see a few things. Actually, I saw something that was really super cool. You won't be able to see the effect at all from the picture, but while we were walking around I looked up and saw that in the top window of a beautiful old building there was a perfect, lit-up replica of the moon. It was so pretty, it looked just like the moon looks in the sky on a really clear night except it was in the window of the building.


That's the moon in the window

Today, after I walked all over Prague for hours in the cold (I'm getting to know the city better, on the plus side),  I was starving and frozen. I had noticed a little cafe with internet by the place I had interviewed earlier in the day, so I decided to go back to check it out. I wanted to warm up and have something nice to eat. It turns out the place is a confectionary, but they also have sandwiches. I got a hot cup of tea and a really delicious sandwich with turkey, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and fresh pickled cucumbers, all grilled on a baguette. It was probably a foot long. The desserts looked so good I had to try one. I ordered crepes with raspberry filling, melted chocolate drizzled on top, and whipped cream. So good. All this homemade goodness and what was the bill? Less than 5 dollars. I will be back.


I want to eat this every day

Thanks to all my family and friends for sending me love and support. Especially my mom, who sent me the nicest email this morning. I love you all. 

Now keep it up, it's gonna be a long week...  :)

2 comments:

  1. Angela, Your adventures in Prague sound so interesting. How exciting to see everything come together. And, your tattoo is absolutely beautiful- a true work of art!

    Enjoy! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.Thanks for taking the time to discuss this,

    goodyear brand licensing & harper’s bazaar licensing

    ReplyDelete