Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Vienna, again!

So I'm back in Vienna. I love this city. I wish I could stay here forever. Right now I am at Cafe Hawelka, which Marissa and I tried to visit on our last day but couldn't locate. I had a cheese strudel and coffee, and I'm about to go and investigate a bead store I've found on the internet.

I really like the school I'm teaching in this week. The kids are all about 14 years old and they are very smart and nice. This is how the program works: I am part of a four-person team of English teachers. There is one Irish man who lives in Budapest and is the head teacher for the week.  There is a guy who was born in Chicago to Hungarian parents and who was living in Budapest for a long time and has recently relocated to Oxford, England. There is one guy who is also from Chicago but was married to an Austrian woman and has lived in Vienna for seven years. The three of us who are here from out of town are put up in a hotel for the week, which is pretty nice.

For the week, each of the four teachers has their own group. We teach our own group for the first three lessons each day, then for the last three lessons we switch and teach one of the other teachers' groups. The theme of the lessons is American or British culture. My group is my favorite. On Friday all of the groups will be doing presentations (a skit of some kind), to which the parents will be invited. We have the rest of the week to prepare the kids for it. Today, my kids decided they want to do an episode of America's Next Top Model. I have a couple of pop songs to download for tomorrow so that we can begin planning the skit. It should end up being really funny, I think, and the kids are excited about it. I'll plan on taking some pictures of the show :).

No comments:

Post a Comment