Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The past week

Well, it's midnight, and I am going to get up at 4am so that I can be at Vysočanska metro station at 5:30 AM to meet Marissa. Then we'll head to the main train station, where we'll catch our train to Vienna. The ride is about 4 hours long, so I'll be able to sleep on the train (hopefully). It's exciting to be going on my first trip abroad since I arrived. After all, this is the main reason I wanted to come here, so I would be able to travel around Europe.

I'm all moved in to my new apartment, and it's very comfortable here. I'll have to post some pictures soon. It's been a blur of a week, though. I moved. I taught some cover classes, observed some more, and it was my second week with both of my private students. Earlier this evening I had my session with Alice, the 6 year old. She is very cute and also very talented, and I am in a good mood when I leave there. I also had my first class with Anezka using the textbook for the FCE test. It will be a challenging course, but she is very motivated.

Last Sunday was nice, some friends I met here in Prague have a meditation group every Sunday, and I went for the first time. They rotate who hosts it each week, and this week it was at Jeff's house. We had silent meditation for 45 minutes, then had tea and listened to a Buddhist talk. Afterward we watched a movie and Jeff cooked an awesome lunch - an Iranian dish with rice and potatoes and chicken in a tomato sauce.

The weather here has warmed up, and we've been lucky to have some really beautiful sunny days. It's so funny how often I am walking down the street, all caught up in my head, totally forgetting what's around me. I'm just thinking about all of the things I need to do. Suddenly I look up and something catches my eye - I realize I'm surrounded by beautiful, ancient buildings. Nobody around me is speaking English. It's so easy to forget I'm living in the middle of Europe. Life just becomes normal, wherever you go. I love the moments when I remember where I am, and it's so exciting. I had a moment yesterday like that, and took a couple of pictures... just a typical street corner in Prague :)






I will write in a few days after I return from Austria. I will have many pictures and many things to write about, I'm sure. Missing everyone at home and thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment