Friday, March 30, 2012

Best week in Europe so far...

I have to say that the past week was the best I've had since I left home. It was nice to have a steady schedule for the week, something I haven't had since I finished the TEFL program in January. The work hours were nice - 8-2 each day, so we still had some afternoon left after we finished teaching. The weather was really nice on Wednesday, and after classes I found a park and took a nap in the sun along with lots of other people who were stretched out on the grass doing the same.

Teaching this week was challenging but I had so much fun with the kids - especially my group. I wish I could be their regular teacher! We spent a lot of time working on their skit, and everyone got really into it. It was a great time. Today was a crazy day; we needed to rehearse but we kept having to move from room to room each period as we kept being chased out by the regular classes. It was chaotic but it was great in the end, watching all of the classes perform their acts. Since our project was all about modeling, there were plenty of pictures taken. I made a slideshow of some of the pictures to play during the "show". I'm glad I have a lot of pictures to remember the week, and a few to share with all of you.

I was really nervous before the week started that I would struggle or that I didn't have enough experience, but it turned out to be very similar to the work I'm doing in Prague. I picked up lots of good ideas and new games to play, and also gained confidence as a teacher. One really funny part about the week was that for some reason, all of the kids except for the ones in my group became convinced that I actually knew German and was pretending I didn't. I've no idea how this rumor began but it was very amusing. They kept "testing me", thinking they'd be able to get me to slip up and give away my secret German abilities. Sometimes they would say something that I could understand because it is similar in English or something, and they'd say - "SEE! She knows German, she understood!"

Here are some pictures from the week -

























No comments:

Post a Comment