Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm so good at hunting

I got back from looking at the room a little bit ago.

As soon as I met Ivana, who will be my flatmate and who I'd been writing to online about the apartment, I felt very comfortable. The apartment is really cozy. It's very clean and everything is nice. I will have lots of room for storage in my room. One wall is all wardrobe space and another is all bookshelves. I have my own little balcony and window which my desk faces. My bed is really big, which will be nice. There is one other flatmate, a male. I met him just for a moment and he also seems very friendly. Both of my flatmates are Czech. Ivana's English is really good (she wanted an English speaking flatmate to brush up on her speaking skills). Hopefully I can coax her into helping me learn a little Czech as well.

I can move into the room on March 1st. Between the end of the course and when I can move into my new flat, I will stay at the hotel which works with my school. They are offering rooms for those who want to stay in Prague for a very cheap month's rent. The other girls who are going to stay in Prague will also be staying the month at the hotel, so we'll all be there together.

It feels so good to have accomplished one of the big things on my list.  After I got home, I cooked myself a nice dinner. A stir-fry with broccoli, onion, garlic, ginger and tofu. I found these really delicious tofu cutlets at Tesco the other day. I made dinner for Marissa Friday night and she really liked them too. She and Sasha both bought some today, so now our fridge is stuffed with tofu. :)

I'd really love to write more right now but unfortunately I need to work on school stuff. Those lesson plans aren't going to write themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment