Sunday, January 29, 2012

The hunt is on!

The job hunt and the apartment hunt, that is...

I had my first interview on Friday. The interview went fine but this school could not help me with a work permit (which I need for my visa). So, the hunt continues. I received another email today from an arts preschool inviting me for an interview. I responded with my availability and hope to hear back with a date tomorrow. I sent out a lot of CVs on Friday so hopefully I will hear from some of those schools over the next few days. Also, we have a job fair at our school later in the week where some language schools come to recruit. I have already been corresponding with one of them so hopefully I will have an interview there too.

Apartments - I looked at some flats yesterday owned by an Irish fellow I met. They are very nice and brand new but more for students as they are shared bedrooms. Today I looked at one in the afternoon. It was in a nice quiet part of Prague but a little dingy and depressing. I don't think that will be the one. Tonight I will be viewing another apartment. Its downside is it is a little bit far out (not sure how long it will take to get there yet) probably about 20 minutes to get to the center. The upside is that the woman I've been corresponding with, who would be one of my flatmates, is very nice and the apartment looks extremely clean and neat from the pictures. Also, I would have a king size bed and lots of storage space in my room, and all of the furniture looks very sleek (probably all from IKEA).

I need to head out to look at the flat, I'll try to write some more later and let everyone know if I like it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment