Monday, January 30, 2012

Almost done...

Just finished the first day of our last week of the course. It's a short week, too, so it will really fly by.

I have an interview in the morning at a bilingual Arts Preschool for a part-time position. I hope I get the job (as long as I am able to get a work permit from them, that is). The school holds lessons in English in the mornings and lessons in Czech in the afternoon. If I can land this job and they can provide me with a work permit, it would be an ideal situation because I would be able to have a set schedule of working there in the mornings, which would leave my schedule open in the afternoon and evenings. Since I would have a work permit through that job, I could pick up part time work at any language school regardless of whether or not they can offer a work permit. That way I could teach adults part time as well.

It would be the best of both worlds. I would get to spend time with little kids, which I love. I would be able to use my art background, which would make me happy. And, I would still get to use all of the skills I learned in my TEFL course to teach English to adults.

Hopefully, this is what happens. BUT if not, I have another interview on Friday with a language school who I know helps with visas. Also, the job fair is on Friday as well.

Still, wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment