Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'll be teaching in Mlada Boleslav all week this week. I'm getting ready to go hop a bus there right now. Marissa worked my days when I was in Vienna teaching, so it's my turn to do her a solid - her parents are visiting and she's spending time with them. I can't wait until June, when my parents come to visit. I am going to meet them in Oslo and then we will go to Copenhagen. Definitely looking forward to it.

I had to make another round of goodbyes this past week. The Jandas, the family whose six year-old I teach, are leaving for Canberra until September. I had my last lesson with Alice on Wednesday. They are really sweet and gave me a pretty rose plant (I guess it was Alice's idea). We also had a really delicious cake with strawberry cream filling.


My roses

Alice was being really naughty on Wednesday, so it was really hard to get her to pose for a picture. Here are the results of our best efforts:







On Friday we went to dinner at our favorite Mexican place, Las Adelitas. It was Aiden's last night in Prague (for now). Aiden was one of my partners during the TEFL course. He has to go back to Canada for a while, and it was sad to say goodbye.



Me, Aiden, Adam, and Mary Beth

I forgot to mention that Misa, the coordinator in Mlada Boleslav, set me up with a private lesson there on Thursdays. I'm teaching a nice man who works in the finance department at some company there. His English is quite good already, and he mostly just wants to practice speaking. We had our first lesson last week. I actually learned a lot about Czech history and culture during our conversation, which was really cool.

I met the teacher whose classes I'll be taking over here in Prague starting in May. He is from Boston but graduated from Wooster in Ohio - where grandma went to college! He also graduated from TEFL Worldwide, the same program I went through, so we know some of the same people. It sounds like the students I'll have are very nice and laid-back, and we mostly practice conversation as well. I'm looking forward to meeting them.


No comments:

Post a Comment